RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR USE OF BERKLEY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Download Printable Form (PDF)
When Used by Berkley School Groups or Berkley Non-Profit Organizations
1. Supt./Principal/Custodian or designee must supervise use of building and/or kitchen.
2. Smoking (use of tobacco products), alcoholic beverages, weapons, and gambling are not permitted on school
grounds at any time.
3. Beverage or food may be sold or served only in the cafeteria and kitchen (and by permission in the foyer).
4. Organizations assume responsibility for:
a. Decorations and posters (if approved by authorizing person).
b. Supervision of activities and restrooms (no one should wander in the building).
c. Payment for damages to school property; personal injury, property damage or loss by anyone attending the
event; arranging for their own liability insurance; and, indemnifying the Berkley School Department from any
claim against the School Department arising out of the event.
d. Payment, scheduling and documentation (5 days prior to scheduled event) of police detail when required.
e. Payment, scheduling and documentation (5 days prior to scheduled event) of fire personnel when required.
Fire detail is required:
- when use of the cafeteria or gym is planned for 75% of the posted capacity, for activities held when
school is not in session. (see Application form)
- NO pyrotechnics or smoke machines are allowed.
5. When events occur, the event organizer (host) should announce the location of exit doors, the building must be
evacuated if fire alarm sounds, fire lanes must be clear at all times.
6. General pick up of all trash, wipe tabletops, and return furniture to its proper place.
7. The Berkley School Department reserves the right to review applications, reject, and/or make necessary
If a custodian is working his/her customary shift for requested day and time, no fee for services will be asked from
the following organizations: School groups, i.e., Eighth Grade Parents, PTO, School Committee, Parent Advisory,
Early Childhood Council, Town meetings. Non-profit organizations: i.e. Lion’s, Berkley Athletic Association, Berkley
Ball teams and Town Library have a reduced fee schedule. All others will pay the full fee. It must, however, be
understood that the custodian is not to supervise the activity.